I finally figured out how to get my Pinnacle PCTV (aka Mirovideo PCTV) BT848 card work in knoppix, and it was the detection routine that screwed it up.
I found that this card will lock up when launching scantv without first launching xawtv. (On other linuxes as well!) Apparently the card is not in an initialized state and scantv sends it a command to change the frequency which causes the computer to hard lockup. So to get the card to work I have to:
modprobe bttv card=39 tuner=6
xawtv (change to ntsc + us-bcast) and exit
then
scantv
And it will work. Even though scantv asks for the region and frequency mode it doesn't seem to work. Running xawtv fixes it. If I do the knoppix detection routine, it will start to scan channels and hard lock the system.
Well I hope this helps others who may have had problems with their tv card.

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe
$28.90
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 11in 6GB RAM 256MB Wi‑Fi + 5G Tablet Gray
$199.00