I finally figured out how to get my Pinnacle PCTV (aka Mirovideo PCTV) BT848 card work in knoppix, and it was the detection routine that screwed it up.
I found that this card will lock up when launching scantv without first launching xawtv. (On other linuxes as well!) Apparently the card is not in an initialized state and scantv sends it a command to change the frequency which causes the computer to hard lockup. So to get the card to work I have to:
modprobe bttv card=39 tuner=6
xawtv (change to ntsc + us-bcast) and exit
then
scantv
And it will work. Even though scantv asks for the region and frequency mode it doesn't seem to work. Running xawtv fixes it. If I do the knoppix detection routine, it will start to scan channels and hard lock the system.
Well I hope this helps others who may have had problems with their tv card.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 64GB DDR4 ECC PC4-2666V SERVER MEMORY( M386A8K40CM2-CTD6Y)
$329.99
SK hynix 64GB DDR4‑2666 ECC Server Memory (HMAA8GL7AMR4N‑VK)
$329.99
Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99
Samsung 16 Gb Ddr 4-3200 Laptop Memory
$50.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00