Setting my wm when I'm logging onto the box while physically in front of it is easy, because I'm using the GUI login.
However, when I connect to the box through vnc, it defaults to KDE.
I've made a .xinitrc file in my home directory with the line "exec fluxbox" in it, but this seems to be ignored, because KDE is still launched. I'd very much prefer to not use KDE because this is an older box, and KDE really makes it chug.
If anyone knows how to fix this, I very much appreciate your assistance!

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00