Setting my wm when I'm logging onto the box while physically in front of it is easy, because I'm using the GUI login.
However, when I connect to the box through vnc, it defaults to KDE.
I've made a .xinitrc file in my home directory with the line "exec fluxbox" in it, but this seems to be ignored, because KDE is still launched. I'd very much prefer to not use KDE because this is an older box, and KDE really makes it chug.
If anyone knows how to fix this, I very much appreciate your assistance!

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
MICRON 32Gb 2x 16GB MTA18ASF2G72PDZ 2RX8 PC4-2400T Server Memory Ram
$150.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99