Setting my wm when I'm logging onto the box while physically in front of it is easy, because I'm using the GUI login.
However, when I connect to the box through vnc, it defaults to KDE.
I've made a .xinitrc file in my home directory with the line "exec fluxbox" in it, but this seems to be ignored, because KDE is still launched. I'd very much prefer to not use KDE because this is an older box, and KDE really makes it chug.
If anyone knows how to fix this, I very much appreciate your assistance!

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30