-
Lock screen does not ask for password
I've enabled screensave and checked "require password". After the specified idle time, the screensaver comes out and will ask for password. However, if I click the "lock screen" from the menu, the screensaver comes out but does not ask for password. Any idea why?
Thanks in advance!
-
Senior Member
registered user
unless this is on a hdd install, their is no password, unless you set a password... that might be why thier is a problem... maybe if you left a bit more info we can be more helpful, or perhaps some one who knows more that i can say something to help you.
-
Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is after HD install.
-
Junior Member
registered user
same problem
I realize that the original message was posted some time ago, but I have the same problem with a knoppix hd install...
The screensaver "system", for lack of a better word, is not working...I do realize that this is a combination of several programs...
I've downloaded a screensaver package but most don't work. When set to random, I get almost nothing and I cannot lock the screen with a password...
Perhaps it's a setup/config issue - how does one go about configuring a screensaver system similar to what other distros give you by default?
Here's what I am used to from other distros:
1. when I click lock screen, it starts my screensaver of choice or random if random is selected and locks the screen.
2. durng an idle time, the screensaver comes on, WITHOUT locking the screen
Similar Threads
-
By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
-
By sbratton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By bhavin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
-
By bronstein in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99