Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I have lost my partition

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1

    I have lost my partition

    Hello everybody

    I just tried to install knoppix 3.2 in my free space in the hard disk and I lost my partition with all my back up.

    I have install windows in hda1, knoppix 3.1 in hda5, swap hda6 and another partition fat 32 to put all my files. The problem happen when I was trying to use the free space of my disk. I don't know what happened but now my partition whit my files are not there.

    what can I do to recober it?

    I have tried with easy recober but it didn't work

    tanks a lot

    see you

  2. #2

    mm

    Did you try to see if you can see them with a w98 boot disk..

    What version of fat32 there is like 4 versions of it.. ?

    was the partion with the files on it anouther drive or partion?

    what was it considered?
    hda7?

    when you where moving around partion info what did you rember doing in more detail..

    need more to work with...

Similar Threads

  1. HELP?!?! Lost MBR!
    By bigkahuna in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:22 AM
  2. Totally lost
    By Mustang64 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 08:13 PM
  3. access rights for data-partition lost
    By knulle in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 03:33 PM
  4. .config lost )-:
    By herrdeh in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2003, 09:58 AM
  5. tip: how not lost desktop partition icons after hd-install
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00