-
Where is the initial login set up/configured?
I've changed my init level to 2 (in /etc/inittab) and now I'd like
to have some control over the initial user logged in and the
initial working directory.
I'd like the initial login to the console to switch to root
user and cd to /KNOPPIX
so that the user can immediately get a couple of scripts.
I considered editing /etc/profile but that seems a bit
of a brute solution.
Alternately if there was a way to control what is placed in
/ this might help. I find everything I put in / is actually
in /KNOPPIX afterward. It looks like / is generated on
the fly?
knoppix-autoconfig looks like my best bet so far, or
the knoppix.sh it looks for on the CD. I just need a place at
the end of the boot up process to insert my stuff.
Similar Threads
-
By Rashedul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:33 AM
-
By vbtricks in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By Jesse in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:50 AM
-
By Doc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 05:49 AM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1539.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50