Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Extending Knoppix - 99min CDR's

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47

    Extending Knoppix - 99min CDR's

    Found these while browsing for business card CDR's to play around with remastering Knoppix.

    http://www.swcdr.co.uk/online/99.asp...og&brand=swcdr

    They also have the following puke inspiring selection though;>:

    http://www.swcdr.co.uk/online/gifts....og&brand=swcdr

    The 99mins might be useful for people pushing the limit of their CDR remastering.

  2. #2
    simpsongb
    Guest

    Overburning with Nero

    Tried overburning using Nero 5.5.....when the Knoppix image burn got to 99%, I got a write error.....using RW CD....any thoughts...perhaps the ISO image I downloaded is bad...or is it perhaps the CD....

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Me too, I never got CD-RWs to burn KNOPPIX right.... I always use 700MB CD-Rs from TDK now.

    Regards,

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47
    These are not CD-RW they are 99 min CDR's.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73
    hmm, i dont see how those custom shaped one's would work. doesnt it have to be round? guess not.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    44
    I've managed to get knoppix to burn onto CD-RW's and work.. a few times over. I only have 650MB CD-RW's, so I took some stuff out of knoppix before burning it, then it worked.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I burn almost exclusively on CD-RW's. When a new release comes out i just do a cdrecord blank=fast dev=0,0,0 and then burn the new disk. Saves money.

    Fibble, I'd like to hear how those 99min CDR's work, especially if you remaster. Can they be read by many CD drives?

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73
    i burn most of my livecds onto RW to test, then a final on an R. but i didnt think that was ever a problem.

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11
    I burn Knoppix on 700MB CD-RW discs without any problems whatsoever...

Similar Threads

  1. Blank CDR's
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99