Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Penguin OGG

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Penguin OGG

    Remember in V3.1 there were 2 or 3 sample ogg files in the music demo directory on the KNOPPIX CD? I loved the instrumental one that sounded like penguins chirping at the beginning and end of the song. Its not included anymore in the latest ISOs.

    Is there some way I could get a copy of that ogg file from somewhere?

    TIA,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Penguin OGG

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Remember in V3.1 there were 2 or 3 sample ogg files in the music demo directory on the KNOPPIX CD? I loved the instrumental one that sounded like penguins chirping at the beginning and end of the song. Its not included anymore in the latest ISOs.

    Is there some way I could get a copy of that ogg file from somewhere?

    TIA,
    You still have the old 3.1 version right? Then boot from it and copy them to your HD.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Yup, you would think so, but I gave away my 3.1 CDs in the interest of spreading the word....

    Regards,

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Yup, you would think so, but I gave away my 3.1 CDs in the interest of spreading the word....

    Regards,
    I just searched through my pile of CDs and looks like I have too, had KnoppixKDE though which is based on 3.1 but apparently Eaden did not include them. Somebody has to have a copy somewhere you might want to post to the developer list and see if someone can give you a url for download they have to be available someplace it's in the GPL.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Yup, you would think so, but I gave away my 3.1 CDs in the interest of spreading the word....

    Regards,
    I just searched through my pile of CDs and looks like I have too, had KnoppixKDE though which is based on 3.1 but apparently Eaden did not include them. Somebody has to have a copy somewhere you might want to post to the developer list and see if someone can give you a url for download they have to be available someplace it's in the GPL.
    I believe the OGG files came from http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/showitem.php?item=220 You can download the songs from there.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Yup, I found that link on Yahoo, but the download link for penguinplanet.ogg

    http://download.linuxtag.org/music/o...guinplanet.ogg

    appears broken....

    Thanx,

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in england
    Posts
    9
    I have them and i'm prepared to upload them to a site if someone is prepared to host them

    but i'm not hosting them on m own site due to bandwidth issues

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    I will host them for you. I have unmetered bandwidth.

    email me: [email protected] or [email protected]

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in england
    Posts
    9
    they have been e-maild to STD-user i presume he will post here when he uploads them

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    okay, I have the file you gave me, and I will upload it within a day or 2. when I do, it will be at:

    http://chozen.t35.com/hosted/OGG/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Lonely Penguin - Trying to Boot From CD
    By Joren in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. Changing the penguin...
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 10:26 AM
  3. ........why a penguin?
    By bgart5 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:18 PM
  4. Boot hangs just before Penguin display...
    By a1an_g in forum Laptops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
  5. Knoppix Boot Stalls at Penguin
    By mentalalien2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade

$15.95



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98