Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
Hi
I'm running a Knoppix 3.2 Router(from CD) since a few Days and I Can't do any commands with atp-get such as atp-get update or atp-get install...
For Example I tried:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# atp-get install firestarter
W:Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
E:Unable to write /var/cache/apt
E:The package lists or status file could not be pursued or opened
It's the same with install firewall.easy...
So I can't get a Firewall installed or my system updated.
So what to do?(I'm a Newbie)
Thanks
Unfortunatelly you can not install anything when you boot of CD. If you want add some new applications you have to install Knoppix to hard disk.
You could look into using something like Arno's Iptables you should be able to run the script from the ramdisk while booted from the CD.
how hard would it be to make knoppix symlink individual files rather than symlinking the dirs the files are in
then you could apt-get tuff onto the ramdrive

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99