-
Networking CD Knoppix and WinXP Pro
Hi, I can't get to network Windows Xp Pro with a booted version of Knoppix..Here are my specs:
I'm using a crossover cable from Knoppix to WinXP Pro.
WinXP detects both network cards as RealTek.
I have WinXP Home in the Knoppix computer and it works perfect.
I don't have any dhcp servers....Windows detects the ip addresses by default and they are:
WinXP Pro: 169.254.118.244
WinXP Home(Knoppix PC) 169.254.78.44
Also, I'm able to ping my loopback address in knoppix.... (i don't know if that helps..)
How do you get both computers networked?
PLEASE HELP!!! My WinXP Pro computer is running 'Proxy+' as a proxy server and i want to set it up in knoppix, but i can't get the computers to talk/see each other!!!!!!!!
I hope that's enough info, if u need anything else, just post here. Thanks
Hernan.
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By Matrox462 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
-
By Shenr0n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
-
By predhator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59