-
Junior Member
registered user
KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card conf. problem
I have knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN installed on my hard disk. I tried to correct a mistake typing in IP address during installation, by running the script KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card configuration. I know this does the job on other versions of knoppix I have tried. There is a long wait with a little hour glass being turned over and over, and then the script quits, nothing doing. What is going on here?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card conf. prob

Originally Posted by
gill1109
I have knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN installed on my hard disk. I tried to correct a mistake typing in IP address during installation, by running the script KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card configuration. I know this does the job on other versions of knoppix I have tried. There is a long wait with a little hour glass being turned over and over, and then the script quits, nothing doing. What is going on here?
Not sure about the menu access have you tried to open a console window becoming root with su and then netcardconfig alternatively edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and change the settings there to the correct ones then /etc/init.d/networking restart to restart the networking with the new settings. If it was the nameserver that you got wrong the file for that is /etc/resolv.conf.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card conf. prob

Originally Posted by
Stephen
open a console window becoming root with su and then netcardconfig alternatively edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and change the settings there to the correct ones then /etc/init.d/networking restart to restart the networking with the new settings. If it was the nameserver that you got wrong the file for that is /etc/resolv.conf.
I found "interfaces" in /etc/network and edited by hand... thanks for the other tips, for next time!
Similar Threads
-
By RiP7988 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 06:01 AM
-
By ramoncio in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
-
By NoOk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 09:58 PM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By lilliput in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 04:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99