Considering that until recently people used persistent home primairly on floppys, you should be able to go as small as 1.44 mb, but I suspect you could go much smaller than this since config files don't take up much space.
I'm not a complete newbie to Linux, but Knoppix will be the first time I've used a live version.
My question is, what is the minimum size needed for a persistent home directory? I'm currently unable to devote much space for this, but would like to retain my settings whenever I reboot. So, how much do I really need?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I've searched the site, but I couldn't find the answer.
Considering that until recently people used persistent home primairly on floppys, you should be able to go as small as 1.44 mb, but I suspect you could go much smaller than this since config files don't take up much space.
Thanks. That was what I was thinking I would do.
BUT, I have fallen in love with Knoppix and have made room for a full HDD install!
Welcome! Great disto, eh? My HD install is just a copy of the CD files to a partition and make.boot floppy. I've heard the Debian install is a just too cool. Won't know,that's not where I'm going.Originally Posted by STD-User

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Vintage Retro Rare New Old Stock Clean SEAGATE ST-238R Hard drive MFM PC XT AT
$129.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00