Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Persistent Home Directory Size

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    Persistent Home Directory Size

    I'm not a complete newbie to Linux, but Knoppix will be the first time I've used a live version.

    My question is, what is the minimum size needed for a persistent home directory? I'm currently unable to devote much space for this, but would like to retain my settings whenever I reboot. So, how much do I really need?

    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

    I've searched the site, but I couldn't find the answer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Considering that until recently people used persistent home primairly on floppys, you should be able to go as small as 1.44 mb, but I suspect you could go much smaller than this since config files don't take up much space.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    Thanks. That was what I was thinking I would do.

    BUT, I have fallen in love with Knoppix and have made room for a full HDD install!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ozark Mts, USA
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by STD-User
    Thanks. That was what I was thinking I would do.

    BUT, I have fallen in love with Knoppix and have made room for a full HDD install!
    Welcome! Great disto, eh? My HD install is just a copy of the CD files to a partition and make.boot floppy. I've heard the Debian install is a just too cool. Won't know,that's not where I'm going.

Similar Threads

  1. 3.8 persistent home directory
    By ddrex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
  2. Persistent home directory
    By Geof in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
  3. Persistent Home Directory
    By Dooley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
  4. trouble with persistent home directory
    By Orion Pax in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 12:48 AM
  5. How can I change the persistent home file size?!
    By PsycoX in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 02:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules picture

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules

$69.00



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95