-
Junior Member
registered user
Newly remastered CD needs /dev entries?
Something I don't get:
I boot the knoppix CD (3.2) and I get sound, dial with PPP, use pseudo terminals.
I remaster using the Howto by Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil, changing only an addition of Mozilla with Xft and an addition of fvwm.
Booting that CD with the boot floppy gets me that sound no longer works (the lady with the start-up sequence), PPP no longer dials and xterm can no longer find a pseudo terminal: all true: they ain' t around in /dev. What happens is that in the startup script these things don' t get copied, somehow: they are in the KNOPPIX new master but not in the KNOPPIX on ram.
What am I doing wrong?
It makes no sense that at every boot of the remastered CD I have to run alsa_snddevices, do a MAKEDEV for pty and do a mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0.
Thanks.
Hugo
-
Senior Member
registered user
Maybe the ppp problem is because you didnt set the /etc/resolv.conf file back to stock.If you leave a nameserver in that file it can cause problems.I remaster and am on ppp so I just name the chroot copy of resolv.conf and ppp to rresolv.conf and pppp then copy in my real ones and when done I delete them and name the orginal ones back.
Similar Threads
-
By zandoval in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By cheesburger in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 11:22 PM
-
By srowe in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
-
By mark_p in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By BalakrishM in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99