Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [Kernel] Patch with ACPI but now, I cannot boot

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [Kernel] Patch with ACPI but now, I cannot boot

    hello,
    I patched my kernel to get the ACPI working...
    I tried 4 times, but each times it seems to be working no errors but when I try to boot I get this errors:
    Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:03
    Normally, I should have something like:
    ReiserFS: ......... 03:03
    Saying that it is correctly mounted!

    Any ideas??
    thxs in advance
    Ludo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: [Kernel] Patch with ACPI but now, I cannot boot

    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    hello,
    I patched my kernel to get the ACPI working...
    I tried 4 times, but each times it seems to be working no errors but when I try to boot I get this errors:
    Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:03
    Normally, I should have something like:
    ReiserFS: ......... 03:03
    Saying that it is correctly mounted!

    Any ideas??
    thxs in advance
    Ludo
    Did you compile support for the reiserfs into the kernel?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    hmm don't know

    I take the .config from knoppix
    I patched the kernel
    and In xconfig I just went into the new ACPI thing to add the ACPi and that's it...
    I changed nothing else.
    Should I have check the other part in the xconfig menu??

    Ludo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    hmm don't know

    I take the .config from knoppix
    I patched the kernel
    and In xconfig I just went into the new ACPI thing to add the ACPi and that's it...
    I changed nothing else.
    Should I have check the other part in the xconfig menu??

    Ludo
    Yes knoppix uses an initrd kernel meaning that there is no support for the file systems built in you have to build the same type of kernel and install it as such or it will not boot or compile support for your file systems into the kernel to be able to boot.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    ok...
    And how can I do that
    You are speaking to a newbie and it sound chinese what you just said! eheh

    Ludo

Similar Threads

  1. Script:animated boot and shutdown splash w/o kernel patch
    By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. [ACPI] what acpi kernel support in Knoppix ?
    By Longfield in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
  3. How do u patch a kernel?
    By Smoke187 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:24 AM
  5. Knoppix-kernel.patch
    By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$290.24



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00