Did you compile support for the reiserfs into the kernel?Originally Posted by Coume
hello,
I patched my kernel to get the ACPI working...
I tried 4 times, but each times it seems to be working no errors but when I try to boot I get this errors:
Normally, I should have something like:Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:03
Saying that it is correctly mounted!ReiserFS: ......... 03:03
Any ideas??
thxs in advance
Ludo
Did you compile support for the reiserfs into the kernel?Originally Posted by Coume
hmm don't know
I take the .config from knoppix
I patched the kernel
and In xconfig I just went into the new ACPI thing to add the ACPi and that's it...
I changed nothing else.
Should I have check the other part in the xconfig menu??
Ludo
Yes knoppix uses an initrd kernel meaning that there is no support for the file systems built in you have to build the same type of kernel and install it as such or it will not boot or compile support for your file systems into the kernel to be able to boot.Originally Posted by Coume
ok...
And how can I do that
You are speaking to a newbie and it sound chinese what you just said! eheh
Ludo![]()

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$382.48