Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.
I've run Knoppix on many systems from P-166 and K6-200 up to Athlons. I recently tried Knoppix on 2 PIIs (300, 450). Booting took about as long as I expected but both systems seemed to run much faster than I expected. PIIs have 512k L2 cache; could that be the reason?
Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95