I'm using Knoppix 3.1 bootable CD. Is there a way to configure a a Lucent Microelectronics Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex). Red Hat 8.0 recognizes this modem but it appears that Knoppix needs some configuration.
I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Curt
I'm using Knoppix 3.1 bootable CD. Is there a way to configure a a Lucent Microelectronics Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex). Red Hat 8.0 recognizes this modem but it appears that Knoppix needs some configuration.
I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Curt
You may need to add a device. I have the same modem as you if I 'cat /proc/pci'. If it is installed on harddisk go to /dev directory, and try './MAKEDEV/ttyS4' and 'ln -s modem ttyS4' and 'chmod 666 modem'. Then use /dev/modem in kppp.
Bill

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory
$130.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99