You may need to add a device. I have the same modem as you if I 'cat /proc/pci'. If it is installed on harddisk go to /dev directory, and try './MAKEDEV/ttyS4' and 'ln -s modem ttyS4' and 'chmod 666 modem'. Then use /dev/modem in kppp.
Bill
I'm using Knoppix 3.1 bootable CD. Is there a way to configure a a Lucent Microelectronics Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex). Red Hat 8.0 recognizes this modem but it appears that Knoppix needs some configuration.
I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Curt
You may need to add a device. I have the same modem as you if I 'cat /proc/pci'. If it is installed on harddisk go to /dev directory, and try './MAKEDEV/ttyS4' and 'ln -s modem ttyS4' and 'chmod 666 modem'. Then use /dev/modem in kppp.
Bill

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick
$350.00
Apple Vintage External CD-ROM Drive Unit
$52.78
Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$245.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00