You can change the display settings in the X Display KControl section.

Start the KDE Control Centre (there is an icon on the taskbar; it looks like a computer interface card, or you can go to "Settings, Control Centre" from the KMenu. Under "Peripherals", there should be an entry for X Display (or something like that). It will prompt you for your root password. You should set up your monitor, and then choose the resolution/colour depth/refresh rate you want.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by zoolander
when I start knoppix from the hd, everything runs normal
but when i come in the kdm-part, my screen starts to flicker
I had the same problem when i booted from the cd but I got rid of the problem by typing in
knoppix screen=640x480 XVRefresh=50
when i type this in when i use my boot disk, nothing changes, the screen keeps on flickering...

if you can help me please explain it in clear steps cause i am stil a n00b in linux