I've noticed this too. I've been using KNOPPIX since V2.2 Final and never had a problem related to heat. In fact, my students have it running all day in a lab with 25 PCs all booted from the CD sometimes - still no problem.
Regards,
Hi,
I have been using Knoppix for a while now and I notice that the CD gets pretty hot in my CD drive (CREATIVE 52x). Now, its not really burning or anything like that, but it is pretty hot anyway. Should I be concerned about this? Can this affect performance of damage the CD?
I've noticed this too. I've been using KNOPPIX since V2.2 Final and never had a problem related to heat. In fact, my students have it running all day in a lab with 25 PCs all booted from the CD sometimes - still no problem.
Regards,
I think you should consider using perfect writed cd's without any scratches ,this in order not to create useless searches on the cd.
Since the internal firmware intergates a sort of fault correction I believe to lower read errors some firmware automatically perform more readings on the drive if it has difficulties to read data from it.
This means that one drive to another (and also one cd-frimware to another) will make the cd more spin (thus create more heat dissipation).
Another solution could be to use the HD-based installation ,were you only use a harddisk the size of 800mb (or greater),and which could inserted in any pc.
greetzzz,

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core I7-13700KF Processor
$274.99
Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00
Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99