Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [Solved][PHP-mySQL] How can I developp under Knoppix??

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [Solved][PHP-mySQL] How can I developp under Knoppix??

    hello,

    I have a website which uses PHP and mysql...
    I have to continue developping it, because I do not know how to use Linux to developp it...

    Could someone explain me how can I program my php-mysql website under linux and test it on my machine without connecting the Internet???

    Thxs
    Ludo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    Copy your PHP-, HTML-, ... Files to /var/www (as root) and start the apache-server with : apachectl start

    Now you can call your pages in Konqueror or Mozilla:
    http://localhost/yourfile.php


  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    You have to start MySql as well, the command is 'mysqld' as root.
    If you use include() you have to edit the /etc/php4/apache/php.ini file to set the include_path.
    And you might have to add the user and pw you use to connect in your scripts to MySql. See the manpage for 'mysqladmin' for this.

    - - Edwin

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    If you haven't heard of VMWare to test applications, may I be the first to suggest it. We, the place I work, currently run VMWare to test desktop scenarios, both Windoze and Linux, and Servers, both Windoze and Linux. It gives you the absolute biggest bang for the buck. We are constantly realizing new and innovative ways of utilizing VMWare. Hummmm, sounds like Knoppix doesn't it. Maybe that is why I am here.....C Ya.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    thxs all!
    especially peip and edwin!

    Regards,
    ludo

Similar Threads

  1. MySQL on Knoppix
    By ilovelinux98 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
  2. I want /var/lib/mysql/foo to NOT be linked to /KNOPPIX!!!!
    By ace in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 01:40 AM
  3. Knoppix+tomcat+mysql
    By suprie1983 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 02:41 AM
  4. [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
  5. Mysql and knoppix
    By antti in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98