-
Senior Member
registered user
Differential of 2 files
I have 2 text files and what I am after is to:
1) Create a text file of the DIFFERENCES between those 2 files
2) Display the differences on the console as it processes
GREP? with piping? ie:
$ diff text1 text2 | diffout | tty1
This above is an example I don't think diff exists, I am just thinking out loud bad idea I know, as to where to go accomplish this.
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Differential of 2 files

Originally Posted by
rec9140
I don't think diff exists
Thanks.
It does on my machine try man diff from a console.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Differential of 2 files

Originally Posted by
Stephen

Originally Posted by
rec9140
I don't think diff exists
Thanks.
It does on my machine try
man diff from a console.
I am obvisouly trying to make this harder than it is, even with a 600 page command reference book.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By stickycricket88 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By Akurei in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 0B36404 Ultrastar DC HC320 8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD, HUS728T8TALE6L4
$250.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95