It does on my machine try man diff from a console.Originally Posted by rec9140
I have 2 text files and what I am after is to:
1) Create a text file of the DIFFERENCES between those 2 files
2) Display the differences on the console as it processes
GREP? with piping? ie:
$ diff text1 text2 | diffout | tty1
This above is an example I don't think diff exists, I am just thinking out loud bad idea I know, as to where to go accomplish this.
Thanks.
It does on my machine try man diff from a console.Originally Posted by rec9140
I am obvisouly trying to make this harder than it is, even with a 600 page command reference book.Originally Posted by Stephen
Thanks.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 0B36404 Ultrastar DC HC320 8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD, HUS728T8TALE6L4
$250.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95