It does on my machine try man diff from a console.Originally Posted by rec9140
I have 2 text files and what I am after is to:
1) Create a text file of the DIFFERENCES between those 2 files
2) Display the differences on the console as it processes
GREP? with piping? ie:
$ diff text1 text2 | diffout | tty1
This above is an example I don't think diff exists, I am just thinking out loud bad idea I know, as to where to go accomplish this.
Thanks.
It does on my machine try man diff from a console.Originally Posted by rec9140
I am obvisouly trying to make this harder than it is, even with a 600 page command reference book.Originally Posted by Stephen
Thanks.

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66
READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00
VINTAGE THINKPAD X61 TABLET 3GB RAM 240GB SSD OEM WINXP W/GOOD BATT CHARGER
$329.00
READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series
$250.00
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00