http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
That's the guide I used.
Hi. I have a strange problem -- in previous versions of knppix, I extracted the compressed file system on the cd, made the kernel changes and then recompressed successfully. NOw if I just extract and then do a mkisofs -- after changing only two small files and the kernel, it comes out about 4 megs larger than before, and so it compresses much bigger.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
I use mkisofs -r -o <filename> <place where I extracted the compressed system>
Also, I saw a post about a remastering howto -- where is this to be found?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
That's the guide I used.
I found the howto useful, but the question still remains -- why if I just extract the files with NO changes and re make the iso file system -- why is it not the same size? I am running very close to the edge and this is important -- I am already burning 816mb according to cdrdao.
Originally Posted by arkaine23
Are you using the mkisofs commands found in that how-to? If all you've done is extract and edit a couple of files, you should not be seeing an increase in size.
I posted this on another thread too..
Did you unmount the proc-filesystem before remastering ??
If you don't, you'll end up with a (much) larger ISO...
Hope it helped.
I think one thing which might help this problem is if we might know the exact parameters which were used to create the original iso for the compressed file system -- anyone can help with that?

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99