-
Junior Member
registered user
problem extracting and remaking iso file system
Hi. I have a strange problem -- in previous versions of knppix, I extracted the compressed file system on the cd, made the kernel changes and then recompressed successfully. NOw if I just extract and then do a mkisofs -- after changing only two small files and the kernel, it comes out about 4 megs larger than before, and so it compresses much bigger.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
I use mkisofs -r -o <filename> <place where I extracted the compressed system>
Also, I saw a post about a remastering howto -- where is this to be found?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By MrBigTime in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By Bidi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 06:14 AM
-
By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health
$1212.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00