Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: knoppix 3.1>3.2 transition frustration

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53

    knoppix 3.1>3.2 transition frustration

    Hi,
    I was using Knoppix 3.1 until today when I finally got my Knoppix 3.2 CD and I have a couple of things which frustrate me.
    1) what happened to the previous KDE style/theme? The new one looks like an ungly Window$-XP wanna be with those flashy bright colours. Is this some kind of "original-Knoppix" look or is this a KDE-thing? Can I somehow get the old Knoppix/KDE look back?!
    2) Furthermore, when I click on the Konsole the fontsize is set to 'huge'. Why is this?
    3) how do I change the screen's refresh rate and resolution? when I try to change in throught the control center's display menu I must re-start the session which I cannot since this is a live-CD and not a HD-installed distro.
    4) during boot-up I get a message "Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480". What does this mean? Which one is really used? Is there a shortcut to flip between them?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: knoppix 3.1>3.2 transition frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by andrei
    Hi,
    I was using Knoppix 3.1 until today when I finally got my Knoppix 3.2 CD and I have a couple of things which frustrate me.
    1) what happened to the previous KDE style/theme? The new one looks like an ungly Window$-XP wanna be with those flashy bright colours. Is this some kind of "original-Knoppix" look or is this a KDE-thing? Can I somehow get the old Knoppix/KDE look back?!
    In the Control Center you can change the theme/look/colors etc. This is no different than the previous version of KDE.


    2) Furthermore, when I click on the Konsole the fontsize is set to 'huge'. Why is this?
    Why? I dunno- maybe you set it that way. Just change it back and be sure to 'save settings'

    3) how do I change the screen's refresh rate and resolution? when I try to change in throught the control center's display menu I must re-start the session which I cannot since this is a live-CD and not a HD-installed distro.
    4) during boot-up I get a message "Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480". What does this mean? Which one is really used? Is there a shortcut to flip between them?
    CTRL+ALT+ + or -

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53
    ok. I suppose I will have to get used to the new style. thanks for the resolution shortcut!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei
    ok. I suppose I will have to get used to the new style. thanks for the resolution shortcut!
    Says who?->KDElook and you're welcome

Similar Threads

  1. NVidia accelerated drivers frustration
    By Arkaein in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:10 AM
  2. Initial Elation turns to Utter Frustration!!
    By photolnx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB,  (4) HDD,  EXCELLENT COND. picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.

$625.00



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50