Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: YES!!!!!!i got the modem working (more)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    29

    YES!!!!!!i got the modem working (more)

    ok if you remember i was haveing the problems with my modem well i said i was going to buy that us robotics modem to se what would happen well i went to bestbuy today they had it so i bought it and put it in and then i got on knoppix and at first i couldent get it with the kppp dialer and all so i went to shell and did pppconfig and configured everything and dialed on and imm on it now as i type this imm sorry i so Happy well thanks for your time and everything

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Hey cowmamba what's the model number just in case there are other people looking for such a device.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    29

    well

    well it's usr5610b from us roboticts if you look down a few post's at the post Help i cant get online there is more on it

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Ok, thanks.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3

    Can't Get Brand New External V92 USB Modem to Work

    Wow. Maybe you can suggest a fix for me. I have been experimenting with different modems over the last few days without much success. I am very interested in using Knoppix and find Linux and open source an attractive alternative to the "enslavement" of Windows. I have the US Robotics USB Model 5633A 56K USB v92 external modem. H-E-L-P!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I added drivers for lucent chipset winmodems into my remaster, and I'm going to add the driver for Intel/Ambient chipsets too (Intel536ep). I just don't have these modems to do any testing, nor to I have a dial-up connection at home.

    Overclockix

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3

    Modem Issues With Knoppix / Linux: Possible Solution

    I think I have figured out the problem through a process of elimination...and the buying and returning of several external modems. It seems that some external modems connected to my PC's serial port work with Linux but actually shut down Win XP when I try to use Win XP, due to some type of conflict, even though I select the external modem. I just tried a US Robotics USB V92 external modem which worked for Win XP; it was recognized on Linux, too, but just froze on the command "initializing." Seems like I need two modems. Using the PC's internal to boot up Win XP and a "Linux friendly" external for Linux boot ups. Am I wrong here?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Umpqua Valley, Southwestern Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9
    I used to technical support for Symantec Winfax.

    If you want a modem that with a) work well with both windows and linux b) will not need extra drivers in knoppix and c) will send and receive faxes without problems. There is one solution.

    If you have a COM port that is available, purchase, a SERIAL port based EXTERNAL HARDWARE MODEM.

    It will just work all the time in BOTH environments

Similar Threads

  1. Modem not working--how to configure
    By deshotel in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 04:02 AM
  2. xircom rbem56g-100 modem not working.
    By don_ask in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 11:51 PM
  3. modem usb or isdn card... not working
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:42 AM
  4. Modem Working from cd but not HD install
    By ryan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 12:52 AM
  5. My 56k Modem isn't working in Knoppix! :(
    By Enoch Chan in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Lot of (3) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 Western Digital   Used picture

Lot of (3) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 Western Digital Used

$285.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6

Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair

$459.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Apricorn 1TB Aegis Fortress L3- FIPS Level 3 Validated USB 3.0 Hardware Encrypte picture

Apricorn 1TB Aegis Fortress L3- FIPS Level 3 Validated USB 3.0 Hardware Encrypte

$110.00



Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron  Used picture

Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron Used

$399.00