when at the boot screen, press f2 to see the cheatcodes. there should be a cheatcode to enable a wheelmouse.
How can I configure a Logitech 2-button wheelmouse in Knoppix running from a CD?
when at the boot screen, press f2 to see the cheatcodes. there should be a cheatcode to enable a wheelmouse.
knoppix wheelmouse
Thats all you have to type in the F2 cheat code screen. Then just hit enter.
Mine works great.
Sorry I didn't mention but that was the first thing I tried and unfortunately it did not work for my mouse. Other suggestions?
Have you had your wheelmouse working in another linux distro?
The first batch of Logitech Wheelmice had a linux non-compatible chip (IIRC they had a black and white logo, many were sold as oem, HP etc.) , if your mouse has a colored logo it should work mine is 2nd run and is a model MOAB48A.
HTH
rock
Maybe that's the problem. I have a mouse with a black logo, Logitech OEM, model M54Ba.
Is this one of the deals between Logitech and Bill Gates?
I think so, unfortunately.Is this one of the deals between Logitech and Bill Gates?
rock
I read about this, too. My wheelmouse is exactly one of those that are said not to go (S48a, b/w logo, OEM model) - and it is running fine by simply adding "Wheelmouse" to the login string.
Btw: it has 3 buttons, press the wheel.
mine works intermitently... some times i have to reboot a time or two to get it to register....
So once you've booted and are in knoppix, is there no way to go to a command line and add the command in?

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90