i had this problem when i installed with knx-hdinstall
and when i tried knoppix-install i didn't get said problem. i don't know why it should make a difference, but it did.
even with the same disk.
I have recently installed Knoppix on my PC. While the initial installation was successful, I am finding that during every reboot, I see the following message:
/dev/hda3 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
[...]
At that point, I need to run fsck manually and then reboot.
Not sure why this is happening. Is there a way to workaround this issue?
Thanks,
i had this problem when i installed with knx-hdinstall
and when i tried knoppix-install i didn't get said problem. i don't know why it should make a difference, but it did.
even with the same disk.
I had this problem with the latest version of Knoppix. (yes i used knx-hdinstall). It seems that the default checkroot.sh file assumes incorrect return codes from fsck/e2fsck. You need to change line 99 from:
if [ $? -gt 1 ]
to:
if [ $? -gt 3 ]
Hi.
This is hopefully not *totally* off-topic, but I ran into what looks like a problem.
I had this little toshiba laptop with knoppix 3.1 installed on the hard drive. It hung while powering down, so I hard powered it down.
This made the filesystem unhappy, and when I rebooted, the system ran fsck. Of course, my copy of knoppix 3.1 (a semi custom job I got from a friend of mine at a "large software company") runs xfs.
fsck -- *not* fsck.xfs -- "repaired" the hard drive. Now I have a Toshiba doorstop.
I know I'm running an older version, and I don't know if the regular knoppix distro is xfs, but I suspect that this is a problem worth shouting about.
Cheers.

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
FREE S&H - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3x 15.3" WUXGA Touch Snapdragon X X1 16GB 256GB
$325.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36