Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: [PHP] Which editor do you use?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [PHP] Which editor do you use?

    Hi,

    now, that I know how to use php under linux to developp my website, I was wondering which software you use to developp???

    Under Windoze, I'm using HAPedithttp://hapedit.free.fr/ but they are actually working on the Linux version...
    Any advice about which software to use?
    Which syntax highlighting, ...

    thxs
    ludo

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76

    Re: [PHP] Which editor do you use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Under Windoze, I'm using HAPedithttp://hapedit.free.fr/ but they are actually working on the Linux version...
    Any advice about which software to use?
    Which syntax highlighting, ...
    It is all a matter of personal preference I guess. I don't have the need for tag-inserters or syntax-checkers and such, so I just use Kate with standard high-lighting and Mozilla. Just try out some different editors, tweak with the settings and see wich one you like the best. Be sure to have a look at BlueFish.

    Before uploading the files I copy the whole lot over to Windows, check with as many browsers as possible and adjust my stylesheets.

    - - Edwin
    "Real programmers only use vi"

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Hi Edwin,

    Is BlueFish already into Knoppix? Or is it something to install?

    Ludo

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1
    Hi,
    in Linux you have highliting in many editors, including Kate, but if you need something professional - take a look at Quanta +. It's the best web editor and supports many languages(including PHP and MySQL). Try it! It's fantastic. Bluefish is not bad, but it's not so good as Quanta and it's in GTK. http://quanta.sourceforge.net/

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    hmm I just checked Quanta, it seems nice.
    I will install it tonight and see how it goes

    thxs
    Ludo

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Is BlueFish already into Knoppix? Or is it something to install?
    He, you're right. It is in my pre 2003-05 version but it isn't there in 2003-06-06. If you want to know more: http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

    - - Edwin
    "Real programmers only use vi"

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Thxs edwin!

    Ludo

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13
    I use Kwrite. Try it, you'll like it. It comes with KNOPPIX.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    IMHO, Quanta should be on the CD, but I guess it always comes down to space concerns.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    KATE is very simple to learn (ie: teach) and is all the IDE I need (color coding).

    Except, of course, now I have trouble printing color text from KATE to a color printer. What a pain! I end up using KATE to save/load/edit my c++ files and GVIM to print. I've had this problem ever since V3.2 came out, never before!

    Go figure...ain't progress grand?

    Anyone here have problems with KATE or KDE?

    TIA,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ne - nice text editor
    By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:39 PM
  2. C++ Editor?
    By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 10:56 AM
  3. FTE Console Text Editor
    By zz9pluralzalpha in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
  4. A Nice DV Editor
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 06:05 PM
  5. ISOs and hex-editor
    By oscar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75