Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: [Login Screen] Wrong keyboard layout :(

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [Login Screen] Wrong keyboard layout :(

    Hello,
    I reinstalled Knoppix few days ago.
    Last time, I did not have any problem with that, but this time yes

    When I'm in the login screen, I have an english keyboard layout when I should have a french one.
    Any idea how to change it? It is working fine in KDE but I cannot find out, the setting place for the login screen

    Thxs
    Ludo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Noguarantees, but this (the solution is by someone else) worked for me (with an italian keyboard)

    /etc/init.d/keymap.sh

    is what controls the keyboard to be used (apart from in Kde)

    as root, edit the line:

    loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz

    (or whatever)

    to use the appropriate keyboard (maybe fr.keymap.gz)

    and run

    /etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload

    Let us know if it worked.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    hi!
    Ok then I tried that...

    When you reboot and first reload the file it seems ok...
    I have the .../azerty/fr.kmap.gz launch...

    but Still the same problem in the login screen... I really do not see why this time I get a problem!

    If someone else as an idea, he is welcome

Similar Threads

  1. keyboard layout toggle in knoppix 3.6?
    By ocean in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
  2. Err with KDE Keyboard layout
    By mzruya in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
  3. Keyboard layout
    By tonyleake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:50 PM
  4. How do I change the keyboard layout for terminal login.
    By gtp1964 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
  5. default keyboard layout for KDE
    By GuineaPig in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99