You may need to add a device. I have the same modem as you if I 'cat /proc/pci'. If it is installed on harddisk go to /dev directory, and try './MAKEDEV/ttyS4' and 'ln -s modem ttyS4' and 'chmod 666 modem'. Then use /dev/modem in kppp.
Bill
I'm using Knoppix 3.1 bootable CD. Is there a way to configure a a Lucent Microelectronics Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex). Red Hat 8.0 recognizes this modem but it appears that Knoppix needs some configuration.
I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Curt
You may need to add a device. I have the same modem as you if I 'cat /proc/pci'. If it is installed on harddisk go to /dev directory, and try './MAKEDEV/ttyS4' and 'ln -s modem ttyS4' and 'chmod 666 modem'. Then use /dev/modem in kppp.
Bill

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$151.98
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow
$155.00
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99