I've noticed this too. I've been using KNOPPIX since V2.2 Final and never had a problem related to heat. In fact, my students have it running all day in a lab with 25 PCs all booted from the CD sometimes - still no problem.
Regards,
Hi,
I have been using Knoppix for a while now and I notice that the CD gets pretty hot in my CD drive (CREATIVE 52x). Now, its not really burning or anything like that, but it is pretty hot anyway. Should I be concerned about this? Can this affect performance of damage the CD?
I've noticed this too. I've been using KNOPPIX since V2.2 Final and never had a problem related to heat. In fact, my students have it running all day in a lab with 25 PCs all booted from the CD sometimes - still no problem.
Regards,
I think you should consider using perfect writed cd's without any scratches ,this in order not to create useless searches on the cd.
Since the internal firmware intergates a sort of fault correction I believe to lower read errors some firmware automatically perform more readings on the drive if it has difficulties to read data from it.
This means that one drive to another (and also one cd-frimware to another) will make the cd more spin (thus create more heat dissipation).
Another solution could be to use the HD-based installation ,were you only use a harddisk the size of 800mb (or greater),and which could inserted in any pc.
greetzzz,

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B 2U Rack Server POWER7 3.0GHz 32GB DDR3 No HDD
$429.99
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99