-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi All
I am no expert on hard disk install since I operate
with no hard drive. I am sure there is a better
solution but you may find my method useful.
I use the fact that upon boot up KDE runs a startup
folder. Just put a script in here to fixes whatever
ails you. I my case I read the files from a second
cd rom but you have a hard drive so use a folder
-- not /mnt/cdrom1
Click Home --> View --> Show Hidden Files -->.kde
Autostart --> (make you own) MyFixIt.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo ifconfig eth0 ###.###.###.### netmask 255.255.254.0
sudo route add default gw ###.###.###.###
sudo cp -fp /mnt/cdrom1/resolv.conf /ect/resolv.conf
contents of resolv.conf
Code:
nameserver ###.###.###.###
Best Wishes
paradocs
Similar Threads
-
By darthspacey in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 02:51 AM
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:30 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99