-
Nessus fails
Nessus (local client, local server) seems to fail. I'll keep looking at it, but here's what I know:
Using the 1.1.03 version (3.1?) of Knoppix-EN.
When I run 'nessusd -D', Nessus complains about a certificate:
*** 'ca_file' is not set - did you run nessus-mkcert ?
According to msgs on google, this was due to a bad RPM, and getting a new/fixed RPM solved the problem.
Has anyone had better luck with this? So far, I have:
Attempted to apt-get install nessusd, since I know debian better than RPM's (Linux's answer to .dll hell): apt-get Result wasn't pretty. Uglier still when I did an apt-get update.
running nessus-mkcert did have one error in the midst of it:
------------------------ snip
Congratulations. Your server certificate was properly created.
mv: cannot stat `/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf.tmp': No such file or directory
/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf updated
The following files were created :
. Certification authority :
Certificate = /var/lib/nessus/CA/cacert.pem
Private key = /var/lib/nessus/private/CA/cakey.pem
. Nessus Server :
Certificate = /var/lib/nessus/CA/servercert.pem
Private key = /var/lib/nessus/private/CA/serverkey.pem
--------------------- end snip
... but since /etc/nessus/nessusd.conf is created, I figured that was ok.
I've never edited/altered nessusd.conf before, so it might be possible to alter nessusd behavior to not insist on certificates.
Throughout, it seems like there's a chance I'll find something is unable to write due to read/write permissions limitations (I've found several X-based utilities that don't like everything being owned by root, when I try to save files).
Similar Threads
-
By happyholger in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 12:28 PM
-
By happyholger in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
-
By jafo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
-
By timix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By s3nt3nza in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99