Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I need a (HOW-TO) to make KNOPPIX support My Lang.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    14

    I need a (HOW-TO) to make KNOPPIX support My Lang.

    Hi

    I want to make an Arabic CD Version of "KNOPPIX"

    I want to :

    1- Add Arabic fonts to "KNOPPIX" Cd
    2- Change the KDE interface to Arabic (http://www.arabeyes.org)
    3- Update OpenOffice to OpenOffice 1 Beta2 (to support Arabic)
    4- Remove some programs if there is no space to do "1" and "2"


    Any help or Tips ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Knoppix would be an interesting way to promote Linux into countries that are having their infastructure rebuilt.

    Once arabic fonts have been added, that would make it easy for knoppix to be translated into even more languages such as Farsi (Iran), Pashto (Afghanistan), and Urdu (Afghanistan, Pakistan, parts of India)

    One problem is that there aren't (that I've found) any free english to arabic and arabic to english translation sites. I've found ajeeb.com but it is no longer free. My interest has been related to news stories. I've been wanting to be able to read news from Al Jazeera about middle eastern events. (Which I've taken an interest in within the last few years)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    14
    Thank you for your reply


    I allready have Arabic fonts and there is Arabic KDE interface (http://www.arabeyes.org)

    All what I want is to add them to the CD and make the KDE use Arabic Interface is it default interface


    ----------------------------------
    BTW : ajeeb.com is still free (as I now ) but you can use http://www.almisbar.com its faster and better

    and about Aljazeera.net I hear before 6 mnths that they will but english section in there website

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix lang=de SWITZERLAND?
    By Josh83 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
  3. Adding new lang to morphix
    By Aman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
  5. Lang=no
    By den dydige in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02) picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)

$9.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09



CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED picture

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED

$39.99