-
Junior Member
registered user
I need a (HOW-TO) to make KNOPPIX support My Lang.
Hi
I want to make an Arabic CD Version of "KNOPPIX"
I want to :
1- Add Arabic fonts to "KNOPPIX" Cd
2- Change the KDE interface to Arabic (http://www.arabeyes.org)
3- Update OpenOffice to OpenOffice 1 Beta2 (to support Arabic)
4- Remove some programs if there is no space to do "1" and "2"
Any help or Tips ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix would be an interesting way to promote Linux into countries that are having their infastructure rebuilt.
Once arabic fonts have been added, that would make it easy for knoppix to be translated into even more languages such as Farsi (Iran), Pashto (Afghanistan), and Urdu (Afghanistan, Pakistan, parts of India)
One problem is that there aren't (that I've found) any free english to arabic and arabic to english translation sites. I've found ajeeb.com but it is no longer free. My interest has been related to news stories. I've been wanting to be able to read news from Al Jazeera about middle eastern events. (Which I've taken an interest in within the last few years)
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thank you for your reply
I allready have Arabic fonts and there is Arabic KDE interface (http://www.arabeyes.org)
All what I want is to add them to the CD and make the KDE use Arabic Interface is it default interface
----------------------------------
BTW : ajeeb.com is still free (as I now
) but you can use http://www.almisbar.com its faster and better
and about Aljazeera.net I hear before 6 mnths that they will but english section in there website
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:15 PM
-
By marat in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By Aman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By mchester in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By den dydige in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$419.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up
$89.00

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025
$299.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00