-
streamlining after hd-install
After an hd install on a system with limited disk space I thought I'd clean off the bits of Knoppix that I don't actually need... most of this went fine, just a couple of probs.
(1) How do I purge the system of openoffice.org - nice tool, just too bulky in this case - it gets installed in /opt/openoffice and while I could just delete this directory it won't purge the system of the config files and remove openoffice.org from the 'KDE menu'.
(2) What about getting rid of KDE...? It's eating too much memory and I'm quite happy in something like evilwm. I've tried apt-get --purge remove kde*, but that wants to remove a whole chunk of other things that I'd rather not lose like hotplug, initrd-tools, pcmcia-cs, and others... I've removed bit by bit a bunch of KDE apps, but that's a pretty time consuming and not particularly helpful... surely there's a neater way of doing this?
(3) I guess I also don't need the knoppix specific stuff... it's a great installer, but some of that stuff ain't necessary if a hd-install is supposed to be just plain ole' Debian!
Many thanks...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

NEW Cisco CP-840 Wireless WiFi IP VoIP Phone 840 w Battery Charger Cable
$800.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99