-
Knoppix for testing hardware problems.
I recently had a windows box that crashed several times a week. Sometimes it would just freeze, others it would reboot. I suspected the power supply as this ran a bit warm, so I changed it. To test I booted knoppix up, opened about 30 programs and used the system monitor tools to "see" what was happening. The PC seemed alright. But it got me thinking. If I have a box that has an intermitant problem, what would be the best way to use Knoppix to test?
What would be the best way to test load a PC? What tools and logs would I use? Where would I find possible causes from logs etc. It would be very usefull if after the pc crashed I would be able to find clues to the cause.
Knoppix is a good starting place. Run up knoppix and I can isolate whether the problem is hardware or Op sys.
I look forward to any ideas any of you may have.
Thanks, Jimmy.
Similar Threads
-
By nosknoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
-
By EvilMonkey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Yattaman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:10 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99