I've updated and rebooted and it's still working, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
One more question: how do i change the screen resolution to 800x600? I can barely make out anything on this small monitor with the default resolution.
I've updated and rebooted and it's still working, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
One more question: how do i change the screen resolution to 800x600? I can barely make out anything on this small monitor with the default resolution.
Good to hear you got it going. For the resolution you can edit the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and remove the 800x600 references and any higher in the lines to set the default to 640x480. Relevant section of my file:Originally Posted by three eyes open
With this you can see I am using 24 bit for the default color depth and in that depth the 1024x768 comes first therefore it will be used the modlines at the very top of the example show that I will only have screens of 1024x768 and 800x600 if I use the change on the fly method of adjusting the resolution ( CTRL and ALT at the same time then + or - keypad keys to change the resolution ) you can also use this method when running if you want. You could also boot from the with the cheat code screen=640x480 and mount your install / partition and copy the file from the CD to the HD. As always before you take any of these steps make a copy of the original file so you can have it for latter use if you mess things up at least you can always get back to a working copy.Code:vendorname "Acer Peripherals" modelname "54e" ModeLine "1024x768/65Hz" 65 1024 1032 1176 1344 768 771 777 806 -HSync -VSync ModeLine "800x600/72Hz" 50 800 856 976 1040 600 637 643 666 +HSync +VSync EndSection Section "Screen" Identifier "Default Screen" Device "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage Pro AGP [264GT Pro GB]" Monitor "API:3645" DefaultDepth 24 SubSection "Display" Depth 1 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection SubSection "Display" Depth 4 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection SubSection "Display" Depth 8 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection SubSection "Display" Depth 15 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection SubSection "Display" Depth 16 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection SubSection "Display" Depth 24 Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection EndSection

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98