-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: "Mismatched timestamp", WTF?!?!?!? I can't boo

Originally Posted by
three eyes open
When I started up my Linux box a little while ago it wouldn't boot up! All I got was a black screen with the words "LILO_Mismatched Timestamp" in the upper left hand corner. I couldn't figure out how to boot it up so I booted Knoppix from the cd and tried to reinstall it. I didn't do anything different this time than when I installed Knoppix to my hard drive a few days ago but when I tried to boot up my freshly installed system, same thing, "LILO_Mismatched Timestamp". How do I fix this?
And can someone tell me how to use cfdisk correctly during the install? Like how to exit it after the partition table has been written? And how do you assign what each partition is for, like which one you mean to be the swap partition? I searched online and all I could find was info on what size the three basic partitions should be. I already knew that.
Dammit, it was just about perfect! I was planning to apt-get a few apps today and then it would have been perfect.

It's a bug with lilo you should be able to boot from the CD and mount the / partition and run LILO to write to the MBR. When booted from the CD open a console window and sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? to mount the drive then sudo chroot /mnt/hd??/ /sbin/lilo -v to actually write LILO to the MBR of the drive. replace the ?? with the drive letter and partition number of the / partition.
[edit]
One package you should install when you get it running is apt-listbugs that where I seen this no more than a hour ago when I upgraded.
[/edit]
Similar Threads
-
By onnrmf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99