-
I'm using the new 3.2 with Fabian Franz's script (sudo knoppix-installer).
The machine is a AMD Athlon 1800 (which is 1550 megahertz), 256 DDR ram, 2 hard drives, one 40 gig and one 20 gig. The 40 gig hd was the one I installed Knoppix/Debian on. It has a Via Rhine ethernet and a Via sound module (which means it has no actual sound card; I'm planning to get a Sound Blaster soon) and a 128 mb Nvidia Geforce4. The 20 gig hd was left blank for now.
I tried to use my Debian Woody cd as a rescue disk but it just went into a kernel panic.
I must say, nothing like this ever happened with the old knx-hdinstall when I used it. I used the new script because I had sound for the first time with the new version.
I'm going to try again in about an hour and a half, when I have the time.
Sorry to cause you so much trouble, Stephen. When I get home, I'll boot from the cd and post the partition table like you asked.
Similar Threads
-
By onnrmf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99