I usually end up in the opposite situation. Browsing a directory with konq and wanting to change to a terminal window.
Accomplished by:-
Thanks for your tip!Code:ctrl+t
rob
This is not really a Knoppix specific tip, but useful none the less for people who use Konqueror.
Have you ever been in a shell, a few directories deeper than your home directory and want to be able to open Konqueror in that same directory without having to open it and navigate there manually? I sure have. There is a way to do this.
From the shell type this:
Then Konqueror will open to the directory that you are currently located in. Since I do a lot of navigating from the shell, but sometimes want to open and use some of the Konqueror file tools, I find this really useful. Hopefully others will too.Code:kfmclient exec .
I usually end up in the opposite situation. Browsing a directory with konq and wanting to change to a terminal window.
Accomplished by:-
Thanks for your tip!Code:ctrl+t
rob
That's nice. I had been right clicking on the screen and choosing the "Open Terminal Here" option, but I like your way better.Originally Posted by monkymind
Hi All
Thanks. This has solved a problem for
an expect script I am writing.
My solution was not giving the correct KDE
look. The links were underlined.
MyCode
Where is there documentation for kfmclient?Code:konqueror --config /etc/kderc /home/knoppix
Can I influence the window geometry or where it
pops up?
My most important question is how do you come up
with a discovery like this? What is your secret --
or are you not telling? If I have a key word
how do I search all the manuals -- or do you
just read them alphabetically.![]()
K --> Help --> UNIX manual pages
has a lot to browse through but it
would be nice to have a search function.
Thanks!
Best Wishes
paradocs (edit 1)
I figured there must be a way to do this so I googled for it. I came up with this page. It contains everything I know about the matter. Hopefully it's helpful.Originally Posted by paradocs
It won't help in all situations, but 'apropos <keyword>' searches the manual page names and descriptions.Originally Posted by paradocs
HTH
- - Edwin
Thanks Edwin
Now I just have to remember the ending "s" in apropos
paradocs
--If you want to emulate Win behavior, edit ~/.bashrc and put in an alias:
alias start="kfmclient exec ."
Then ' source ~/.bashrc ' to grab the change.
Originally Posted by aay

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00