try using a lower screen frequency or resolution.
press F2 during boot to see how it is done, or read this : http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
I have IBM Aptiva 200 MHz with 64 MB (max) memory.
When I try to boot and load Knoppix from CD-ROM, I get the message that only 44 MB of memory is detected (not enough to run KDE) would I like to create knoppix swap file? I then answer YES and the knoppix swap file is successfully created on my harddrive C: ( 120 - 500 MB). I only have one partition of 4 Gb and 1.2 Gb free space. When Knoppix starts loading, the screen goes white and only shows coloured waves and this goes on forever. Can someone please tell me what to do. Some people can make it work on computers running with the same amount of memory. Should I create the swap file using MS DOS or what? If so how do I go about it. The computer just keeps on showing this coloured waves.
Please help.
try using a lower screen frequency or resolution.
press F2 during boot to see how it is done, or read this : http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
Yes!!
I changed the resolution on boot-up and it worked just fine.
SillyFly, thanx very very much.

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50