In the control center>sound there is an option to change the sampling rate.
I know there have been alot of topics about this, but Ive read them all and they aren't offering me any help.
My PC uses i810_audio, and rather than produce no sound, it plays everything at around 10x speed. For example, itll play a 3 minute song in 30 seconds.
I've tried some things people have said, like editing modules.conf but it hasnt worked. Also, Im a bit of a linux n00b so I'm not really sure whats going on.
I apologise if this has been asked before, thanks!
In the control center>sound there is an option to change the sampling rate.
OK, I opened up control centre and setup the arts soundserver to run, I then went into sound I/O, left detect sound device as auto detect and set a custom sampling rate of 48000 with 16 bit sound quality.
I rebooted and Knoppix is telling me it cant open the audio because it's either busy or set up wrong, i tried setting my custom sound device as i810_audio, but it just tells me it doesnt exist and sets sound to null.

Vintage Collector Gold Cap chip board (ME)
$300.00
IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00
Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95
Dell Inspiron 8100 Vintage 1GHz 512MB GeForce2 Win 98SE Serial Parallel CDRW+FDD
$160.00
Multiple LSI Gold Cap chip vintage collectable circuit board (ME)
$350.00
Vintage Gold Cap chip collector board (ME)
$200.00
Intel 1302 White ceramic vintage collectable chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$250.00
Vintage 1301 Ceramic DIP CPU/Processor IC Chip - 1 BROKEN PIN (BO)
$125.00
Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00