-
Cannot Add Printer....
I'm using version 07-26 and I am unable to add a printer. My previous version 06-06 works fine. Here is the message that I get.
Unable to load the requested driver:
Unable to create the Foomatic driver [HP-LaserJet_5P,ljet4]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Perhaps the driver is redefined under a different name, or that specific driver was removed from the 7-26 version. Have you tried installing your printer as a "new printer" in the 7-26 version?
-
I ended up testing the CD. It fails on this computer but OK on another. I burned another CD and it works fine. Burned it at x8. The one that failed was burned at x32. Maybe it had a problem reading the CD. I didn't see any errors the first time I booted up with it.
Similar Threads
-
By cherry in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By cherry in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 07:33 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00